On October 25th, the clubhouse
was invaded by ghouls, zombies, a headless clown, skeletons and many other creepy creatures. Thanks to Virginia and Carl Sullivan,
the Oakwood Glen Halloween haunted house was a success!! Among those touring
the haunted house were a devil, a ladybug, an escaped convict, and a lion. Be sure to check out the pictures on the members
only section of the website.
A ladies Hiking Club is being organized
for our neighborhood and friends. We plan to hike on the first Saturday of the Month at various hiking locations around the
DFW area. We will meet at the OWG clubhouse at 8:00am. Different trails/dates
will be at different hiking abilities. Email Denise Hall email@example.com or Dalynn Montgomery firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
After months of bare walls, the clubhouse
is now decorated. We would like to thank Kim and Sebron Hood for volunteering their time in making the clubhouse have a more
Yard of the Month
Robert and Pam Mabry are the winners of
the Calloway�s sponsored Yard of the Month contest. Check out the Mabry�s house on the Yard of the Month page on the website.
Cropping at the Clubhouse
Save the 1st and 3rd
Wednesday for crafting at the clubhouse. Bring your own project and join your neighbors at the clubhouse from 9:30 to 1:30
for some crafting and socializing. We have received requests for a weekend craft day. Saturday
November 15th is reserved just for that! Email Lori Ruml at email@example.com for more information.
Tennis Courts Etiquette
Our lower tennis courts lately are being
used by non-members. The last few weekends members of OWG have had to wait for a court, only to find that they are in use
by people not in our HOA. Remember, you pay dues to use the amenities. If you
know of people using the courts that are not in our HOA, please let them know that Oakwood Glen is a private facility and
only members are allowed. Guests are welcome as long as they are accompanied by a member.
The Oakwood Glen directories have all now
been distributed. If you have not received one, please check with your block captain or Phyllis Simanek firstname.lastname@example.org. The directory is to be used only for private
use of OWG homeowners. Please do not use the directory for solicitation purposes. If you notice a mistake, please contact
Phyllis so we can make a correction. Virginia Sullivan and Diane McCrudden put in many long hours gathering information to
make this directory the best we have ever had. A special thanks to them for their hard work.
With the cooler weather now upon us, we
all need to be reminded of a few safety precautions. The article below was brought to our attention as a good reminder:
The use of space heaters in offices
is quite common in the winter. Even in warmer climates, winter mornings can bring a chill. And while these seemingly
harmless devices may be an efficient way to heat a cold or drafty space, they can pose certain safety hazards when used incorrectly.
Even though a space heater does not have an open flame, the heating elements of some are hot enough to cause nearby combustibles
to ignite. Additionally, fires can be caused by improper use, and burns by contact with the heating element or a hot
Therefore, taking appropriate safety measures is vital in preventing an accident.
It is also important to review space heater policies with building management.
Space Heater Safety Precautions:
- Choose a space heater with a guard around the heating element.
- Carefully follow the manufacturer's instructions on how far
the heater should be placed from other objects.
- Use a heater certified by a nationally recognized testing
- Buy a heater that is the correct size for the area you want
- Never leave an unattended heater turned on.
- Ensure proper ventilation.
- Never use or store flammable liquids around a space heater.
- Never use heaters to dry clothes or equipment or thaw pipes.
- Do not place a heater where objects could fall on it.
- Follow the instructions and safety precautions for operation
- Never use a portable heater in a bathroom or near a sink.
- Do not run the heater's cord under carpeting or where someone
could trip over it.
- Never touch an electric heater if you are wet.
- Never operate a defective or broken heater.
- Install and maintain a smoke detector in the area where the
heater will be used.